Need a new phone with a good camera

Hello, I am in the market for a new phone. My main requirement is a good camera. I currently have a Moto G 1st Gen and the picture quality is quite bad. I had considered Moto G4, Moto G4 Plus and Moto G5 Plus. Which phone out of those would you recommend?

Of those, the G5+ has by far the best camera. It has the same camera as is in the Samsung Galaxy S7 which was considered one of the best cameras of that generation of phones.

4 Likes

Thank you for that info. I have another question: If I buy an unlocked phone supported through Republic’s BYOP program, and a SIM card, how easy is it to install the SIM card into the phone? Most new phones today seem like they are completely shut when viewed from their back.

Hi @milanar,

It’s relatively easy to insert a SIM card into a phone. The G5+ has been an issue for many folks, so if that’s the phone you go with, please follow guidance carefully. Here’s guidance from Motorola: https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/Solution/MS116323.

Please know many phones purchased from Republic require the customer to install the SIM as well. This isn’t unusual when purchasing factory unlocked phones no matter the source.

2 Likes

However, it is good to note that the older plans from Republic Wireless are not available on the latest phones. For example, if you have a $10 plan using your Moto G 1st gen and you BYOB a Moto G 5th gen, you will have to move up to the latest plans and pay $15/month.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer