Need Account Number to Transfer to Another Carrier

All:

I am trying to move my phone number to another carrier (AT&T) as I just get a better deal through work for essentially the same service.

To do this, I need to give AT&T my Republic Account number and PIN.

How do I find my account number? I have my 4 digit PIN. I thought I read that it was my 10 digit phone number, but it is being rejected when AT&T tries to use this.

Please help, trying to get this all moved quickly.

Tony

Hi @anthonyc.63399j,

It sounds like you have found the correct documentation.

Have you checked with AT&T to find out what the exact error code is?

I am going into their office here in an hour or so and will see if I can get a specific error. I am just hoping to not lose my phone number.

As long as you do not cancel the republic line the number will be save [the line will cancel it’s self when the transfer is complete], just work with AT&T and find out the exact error code

If you reset your PIN to try again, AT&T will need to cancel the previous attempt and submit a new request. Re-submitting a failed request will result in repeated failures.

Thanks for the tips…the PIN has not been changed at all, it has been the same - I will find out the exact error code and report back if it again does not work.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.