I have an individual my choice plan currently. Want to add a phone and line, buying both from Republic Wireless. We are leaving town January 8th for an extended trip, and would like a 2nd functioning phone before then. We will both want to convert to the new 5g plan. I’d prefer not to jump through too many hoops to do this. Is this possible for us, and what can we do to make it happen? Thanks for your help.
This help article should help you:
Also, here’s an email hack you can use in creating a new account if you’re using Gmail with a current Republic Wireless account:
Here’s another hack to find out when your 5.0 SIM cards will arrive in the mail:
I believe SIM shipping times will get faster over time.
I am leaving to Phoenix on January 6th. My new 5.0 SIM should be working before that time.
Thanks for your reply. I had read that article already, and it sounds complicated, especially with the SIM card delays. Could I instead just purchase a phone and have a second line added to my existing account, and then later convert both of them to the new 5.0 plan? How would I do that, and most importantly, is it feasible to order the phone from Republic Wireless and receive it and get it working before January 8th?
I’m afraid it is not possible to mix and match 5.0 and My Choice plans in the same account. In fact, during this “soft opening” phase of Republic’s relaunch, a new account is required to activate a 5.0 plan. The new account requirement is temporary and will go away, however, whether it will go away before January 8th is unknown.
Recent shipping delays impacted both phones and SIMs and, to the best of my knowledge, the glitches leading to those delays have been cleared up. Ordering a phone or SIM should be a smoother experience for you than it has been for others posting here, however, the current and temporary new account requirement is admittedly not ideal.
Okay, I already have a my choice account and I am proposing to add another phone and line to my existing my choice account. Then when the 5.0 plan is simplified, I would move both of them over to the 5.0 plan. Is that feasible?
What you’re suggesting is not possible, because we can no longer activate My Choice SIM cards. Any new line has to be on our 5.0 plan.
We’re also experiencing our fair share of growing pains at the moment. Is there a reason you must add this new line before you head out of town? Would it be possible to work on it once you’re back and not feel pressured by the travel deadline?