Need new CDMA sim

My father has finally come around to the idea to get a cell phone so I was hoping to give him my 2nd gen Moto X (republic locked). When I took it out of storage it has no sim card. How do I get a new sim for the phone considering it is CDMA and the new plans/sims are all GSM?

Hi @aaronr.58gqkf and welcome to the Community!

Unless someone removed it, a Republic specific Moto X2 would indeed have a SIM and that SIM may be used to reactivate the phone as described here: How to Activate a Republic Wireless 1.0 or 2.0 Phone on a New Account – Republic Help.

Generally, a factory reset first, would be best practice: How to Factory Reset a Cell Phone – Republic Help.

If the SIM was removed, you’ll need to open a help ticket to request a replacement.

For the sake of others reading here, this is not accurate. Many but not all newer Republic compatible phones are capable of being provisioned with either GSM or CDMA SIMs. It is accurate that the SIM Republic offers for public sale is GSM. Where appropriate, a CDMA SIM for newer phones is available upon request as described here: How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help. Again, this is information intended for others who might be reading here. Please go ahead and open a ticket if a SIM for the Moto X2 is needed.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer