Need new phone. Suggestions?

Ok thank for all your help. We are going to Walmart this afternoon to see what is available. The phone available with RW are too much (money, too big (size wise and power wise) for him, he does not use the camera and only needs to call me when he is out and about. He can no longer get the $10 plan here so he is going to pay $20.00. All he really wants is an old flip phone. Do they even make them still??? LOL He is not willing to learn a smart phone

Oh yes. There are several models available at my local Walmart. It’s a very good option for many people. I’ve considered getting one myself.

OK I am back. Walmart was a bust because cheapest monthly was $30 for 30 days and he would not use enough minutes to justify spending $30 a month. Phones were cheap enough though. He probably uses 15 to 30 minutes at the most a month.
So now I have another question; does any one know the outside dimensions of the otter box case for the Moto G6 because he needs a case that loops through a belt? I have searched and searched and cannot find the dimensions of the case.

We didn’t ask, but what is wrong with the Moto X2 that your husband is using now?

When you go to Republic Wireless SIM Card Kit | Republic Wireless, under “Compatibility Check”, does it say “You have coverage in your area, XXXXX”? If not, you can still order a SIM card, but once you activate on that SIM card you’ll probably want to do the following:

This is the kind of mess that can generally be avoided by purchasing the phone through the Republic Wireless Store.

When I try to call him when he is sitting next to me and wifi, I get a fast busy. And he cannot make any calls. His microphone does not work.

My disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Tracphone and don’t use it’s service.
I only present this to say, for what your husband needs, this may be good for him. I am an Amazon Prime customer and use their service frequently. They have some good reviews for flip phones:

Maybe something like this would be acceptable.

• This item:Tracfone Alcatel MyFlip 4G Prepaid Flip Phone $14.99

• [Tracfone 60 Minute Card + 90 days of Service - Airtime Card Refill - PIN # Number (Tracfone USA Only… $32.93

TracFone Wireless operates as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), holding agreements with the United States’ largest wireless network operators to provide service using their networks, including Verizon Wireless , AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US, Sprint Corporation, and U.S. Cellular.

The newer phones are not compatible with that plan. I’m keeping my moto x 2nd and my moto x first. I’m having new batteries installed. These are great phones and it’s a great plan!

Do you have any suggestions? When I call his phone it is a constant busy even when he is sitting right next to me and our wifi? He really does not need anything more than the moto x 2nd gen and the $10 plan.

Hi @bonnieh.71i8en,

If you’re getting a busy signal when calling him, that usually isn’t a hardware problem. Can you make sure his phone is on Wi-Fi, open the phone app as if he’s going to make a call, and dial * # * # 8647 # * # * with the numeric keypad?

When was the last time he rebooted his phone (shut the phone down then turn it back on)?

dham2 Every day because he never remembers to put it on the charger…
southpaw I will try that; I just put it on the charger because it was dead this morning.

OMGOSH! I have no idea how and why my husbands phone number got changed. I have a ticket in with RW. That explains why he can call me but I cannot call him. He sent me a text this morning and I noticed it was NOT his phone number! And I just noticed I am logged in as him. I had to log in as him to send a help ticket because not only is he not phone smart he is not computer smart.

Try having him dial * # * # 8647 # * # *

cbwahlstrom
I just did that and the new number showed up. I wonder what happened to his old number???

I was responding to @richardh.o3elaj, who hijacked this thread.

@richardh.o3elaj, is my hubby, I was logged in as him so I could contact RW to make a ticket. Now I am logged in as myself