Need some guidance for switching phones

I am seeking direction or links to help me move my phone from my account to my grandson who is on his Dad’s account. We both have the Moto E4 Plus but his needs replacement so I’m getting the new phone and he’s getting my “old” phone.
I’m just not sure how to make sure he keeps his number and moves his phone to his dad’s account. Will I need to switch Sim cards? Any links to help are appreciated.
Thanks!

This looks like a good place to start (and don’t miss the imbedded links to more info)

2 Likes

Hi @irenep.isforpeace,

The Help Center article referenced by my fellow Ambassador @jben presumes the phone is being moved across accounts but not the phone number. Anyway, I’m uncertain it addresses your scenario.

If I’m understanding correctly, you are acquiring a new Republic compatible phone as an upgrade to your current phone. The current phone would then be handed off to your grandson where it would be activated on his dad’s account as a replacement for his current phone. If I’ve got all that right, it’s possible to do this without opening a help ticket. That said, to help us best help you, we do need some more information.

May we know the brand, model and generation of your current phone?

May we also know, the brand, model and generation of the phone you’re replacing your current phone with and whether it was purchased directly from Republic or a third party retailer?

Finally, may we know your zip code and your grandson’s zip code (if you’re comfortable sharing those)? The last question is intended to insure there are no coverage caveats for you or your grandson.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer