Network Cell Info

app_review

Here in the RW community, the “Signal Check” (lite and/or pro) app is quite popular, and deservedly so for all the info it offers. Well, I think I’ve actually found something better. Network Cell Info by Wilysis. It offers more info presented in what many might consider a better format. It includes a number of advanced graphical displays:

Up to six signal strength gauges on a single screen - Active and neighboring cell sites and WiFi APs

Map showing locations of cell sites

Simultaneous plot of signal strength vs time for multiple cells

Other screens include:

• An additional plot showing Signal Strength and Quality vs time
  • Raw Data (plain text, similar to Signal Check but offering more detailed info)
  • Device & SIM info.

All in all an extremely thorough and useful diagnostic tool for helping to troubleshoot reception and connectivity issues or just for those who like to be in-the-know about the local RF landscape.

Anyhow, I’ve been using it for a while now and am quite pleased. It comes in free and pro versions. The free is probably more than enough for most people, but for a few bucks you can get rid of the ads and get a few more or better features. If you really want to go all out, for an annual subscription, you can get even more!

Has anyone else tried it yet? If not, check it out.
http://wilysis.com/networkcellinfo
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfo
:footprints:

@jben’s a fan: Search results for ‘network cell info’ - Community Forums. I would agree Network Cell Info is worth looking at.

Well so he is. I tried searching for prior mentions but didn’t catch those. I suppose this can stay here as a place for the app to have its own discussion (as opposed to being recommended for specific situations).

And I thought maybe I was actually discovering something new - LOL! Thanks Roland and Jben.

Just tried it. Great for determining signal strength!

I put this in #reviews under the #app_review

Good work! This could really help a lot of people.