New CDMA phones

device

Will Republic wireless get more phones that works with the CDMA network? I love the Moto X4, but it only works with GSM at the moment

Hi @jwright132!

Republic does not intend on ending support for CDMA. They will continue to support CDMA phones. Currently, there is a transition taking place which impacts CDMA phone availability on Republic. Hopefully, we will see more GSM phones available on the CDMA network in the not-to-distant future!

mb2x

There is some great info here: Detailed Supported Phone Features
What you’ll see is that there are a series of phones that have a “Yes*” in the CDMA computability column. These phones are capable of working with Republic’s CDMA partner (Sprint), but are pending some technical development Sprint and Republic have been doing together. We’ve been told that this is expected to be done by the end of the year. Once that work is completed, each of the starred models will be able to be activated on CDMA, vastly increasing the availability.

Would it be possible to expand or more clearly define “in the not-to-distant future!” I need CDMA if I do decide to switch my wife from the unlimited plan to the new My Choice plan and there are a limited amount of phones offered compared to GSM especially in regards to the low cost phones

Officially Republic is saying by end of the year until they say something different
many of the phones that (listed in link by @louisdi show the phones that will be CDMA capable ("Yes*") once the SIM activation issue is resolved (once this happens then a active version of the phone on the GSM network should be able to be convert (new SIM sent) to be on CDMA via a support ticket)
(note all BYOD must start on GSM, there are a few phones that are GSM only )

(note all BYOD must stat on GSM, there are a few phones that are GSM only )
I assume this is suppose to say (note all BYOD must STAY on GSM, there are a few phones that are GSM only ) Also where would I find the (listed in link by @louisdi show the phones that will be CDMA capable (“Yes*”)

Thanks

No, some bring your own phones must stay on GSM due to lack of hardware compatibility with CDMA networks. Others may be moved to CDMA after first being activated on GSM via the support ticket process if doing so would provide a better coverage experience. Phones for which that is currently possible are listed here: What Phones Are Compatible with CDMA Service? – Republic Help.

Also where would I find the (listed in link by @louisdi show the phones that will be CDMA capable (“Yes*”)

@rolandh post as I was posting
removing redundant information

jasonk.8mqiz6,

Looks like stat was a typo and drm186 meant start.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.