New Community Homepage!

We just posted New Community Homepage! Please leave your questions and comments here.

1 Like

Looks good, nice and clean!

only the front page is not enough to judge (it how it all work will tell if it’s an improvement)

if anything like the past commuity revamps expect road bumps when it goes live

1 Like

There are no other changes to the community. It is actually a replacement for the Help page and we will point the community home there. So there are not two redundant pages

1 Like

when I saw new community homepage I just thought it was the whole community getting updated, if it’s just a front page there not much reason to announce

for a forum page redesign it looks OK (but just like now I will be bypassing it to get the the real information (post)

1 Like

It is to help new users who need help. The grizzled veterans like us will do what we already do.

1 Like

So on main site Help Center will be removed from Help options or just directed to new page?

When is RW going to update their coverage checks to give customers the ability to search by zip and zoom?

williamo.vkbg0s wrote:

So on main site Help Center will be removed from Help options or just directed to new page?

When is RW going to update their coverage checks to give customers the ability to search by zip and zoom?

RW employees are contractually bound to not refer to their GSM Carrier as T-Mobile. Community members are not subject to this limitation. Ambassadors and experts might be bound but I doubt it since they are not employees.

Recently and going forward I’m referring people to the T-Mobile map:

4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile

1 Like

@billg good for you. Don’t forget the Sprint maps are also a great improvement over RW’s CDMA check.

@seanr woefully inadequate RW coverage checks have been the norm since day one. RW might have fewer Support tickest, returns and complaints if the checks were decent. Cost/time to update maps likely less than the status quo that makes RW look foolish. Even the new Mint SIM hasa modern usable coverage map.

I believe it was mentioned elsewhere in the Community that RW can’t fix their woefully inadequate GSM coverage map until T-Mobile sends them files with the necessary granularity.

1 Like

It would be so nice if we could use the stock default map provided by the carrier’s without anything other that cosmetic customization. It is a bit challenging for us to use the database files and APIs so we can provide for some of our unique requirements. We are working on it, but it would be nice if we could use an out of the box map.

seanr wrote:

It would be so nice if we could use the stock default map provided by the carrier’s without anything other that cosmetic customization. We are working on it, but it would be nice if we could use an out of the box map.

The MVNO mentioned in my previous reply appears to be using a boxed map. It may not have unique cosmetic customization but it works. “Unique requirements” sounds very much like an excuse for placing such a low priority on needed upgrading of basic infrastructure.

1 Like

, while I’m not grizzled, I have reluctantly befriended Jive… .

“Unique requirements” sounds very much like an excuse for placing such a low priority on needed upgrading of basic infrastructure.

How did you get that synopsis from what I wrote? We have a different product that works differently and just using the out of the box , does not work for us. The benefit and the curse of being different.

I do not make excuses. If it was a low priority, I would say so, but it is not so I won’t. We are working on many ways to tackle the issue, but it is not just hard, it is monumentally hard.

1 Like

Looks great! Can’t wait for implementation later this week

Message an
Expert customer