New Community Manager -- Southpaw@rw

Our Community, The Republic, launched 5 years ago as an online customer success engine dedicated to the vision of “helping millions of people save billions of dollars”. It is a community built on fairness and transparency, where Republic Members give a little and get a lot in return.

I’ve just started my journey with Republic Wireless, so it is an absolute honor to share some big news regarding the future of our community.

Please join me in congratulating @southpaw@rw for being named the Community Manager of The Republic. Her remarkable journey actually started as a Member of the community. From there, she established herself as a Republic Wireless subject matter expert helping others as a Community Ambassador, then an Expert as we launched the Member Advice service on the Help Center, and finally a full-time employee when she officially joined the company last summer.

Is there any better example that The Republic is a community “of the people, by the people, for the people” than Southpaw@rw? I think not.

The Republic Wireless Support team has lots of plans to improve the customer experience in the near future. We’ll be adding a much improved unified search capability, expanding our knowledge base, and integrating our online support sites in due time. All of this activity is on top of a new community platform being rolled out next week that we think you’re really going to like. The future is bright!

Rest assured that we’ll keep you in the know as we march ahead. Thank you for your trust in Republic Wireless.

Onward and upward….

-Ryan

Feel free to congratulate her here.

Congratulations, Southpaw!

I just saw the news about Southpaw becoming Community Manager. It’s gratifying to see such a deserving individual recieve such well-deserved recognition. Congratulations my friend.

Wow!! That is awesome @southpaw@rw. I know you don’t like the accolades, but it is well deserved. Thanks for all that you do for everyone!!

Congrats… Couldn’t think of someone who is better suited to the job!

@southpaw@rw aka @southpawkb

Congratulations, this is well deserved and really awesome … a fine tribute to your contributions to Republic Wireless and its user community

SouthpawPoms.gifSouthpawPoms.gifSouthpawPoms.gif SouthpawPoms.gifSouthpawPoms.gifSouthpawPoms.gif SouthpawPoms.gifSouthpawPoms.gifSouthpawPoms.gif SouthpawPoms.gif

Ben

Congrats, well deserved! My only regret is not having the privilege of serving beside you as an Ambassador for longer than a couple of months.

Congrats to @southpaw@rw (aka @southpawkb) on the new Job

I can not think of a better leader to be there during the transition to the new boards

and @matthewc nice to see you back

Hi @matthewc,

Thank you. That you would break your silence here to congratulate me is very meaningful to me. :heart:

Great! You deserved this just for babysitting me for 2 days. :slight_smile:

Congratulations @southpaw@rw!

A truly well-deserved recognition for your passion and drive for all things RW.

Just this morning…as the news was just being announced on the Community, I had the opportunity to seek out your help to sort out an issue for a community member…and as always you were right on top of it, with alacrity and set the wheels in motion towards another swift resolution!

Thank you so much for everything that you do for RW and all the Community Members. Congratulations!

Congratulations @southpaw@rw! A well-deserved promotion. You do a terrific job !

@southpaw@rw

NOW that’s what I am talking about !!!

Southpaw I am so happy RW has recognized their Ray of Sunshine in all projects touched by you. I hope the promotion bestowed upon you continues to make the community better each and every day. I wish the new community will run smoothly. I wait with anticipation to see it all run (kinda like the old Heinz ketchup commercials) . This was very deserving to a good friend.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

@coreyk, @louisdi, @jben, @rolandh, @drm186, @amitl, @billg, @mb2x, @bocephous, and @matthewc.

Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement. I fear this is going to be a very quick demonstration of the Peter Principle, but I’ll do my best not to let that happen, and I know I can count on all of you to help me. Please know that I’m always eager to hear your feedback about what I could be doing better. I may not be able to implement your every suggestion, and I might not even be able to explain why, but I will always listen and try find something to improve upon whenever possible.

In five years’ time there have been several enthusiastic, hard-working Community Managers, but it’s the consistent engagement of our members that makes our Community work; this is a fact that is not taken lightly in the RW office.

@billg

Maybe… but what I really want to know is what did I do to deserve those two days?!

southpaw@rw wrote:

@coreyk

@billg

Maybe… but what I really want to know is what did I do to deserve those two days?!

I asked because after all the time we had spent working together in the Community and communicating privately to resolve problems during the beta period it would be nice to get to know you on a personal level. Thanks for all that you did to make that an extra special experience.

Good for you!

Congratulations Republic Wireless for promoting such a dynamic and dedicated employee to lead this great community.

We are in good hands.

Congratulations! You’re FANTASTIC!

Congrats. Sorry I have not been around in quite awhile. Continue with the amazing work that you do at RW!!!

Congratulations Southpaw@rw. I haven’t been too active in this community forum, but from what I’ve observed, I think you are definitely the right pick for this job. :slight_smile:

Southpaw,

So nice to have you officially onboard! I’ve relied on your help several times in the past, specifically last summer during the decision-making time for the switch to 3.0. Your upfront honesty - what you could and could not do - made the process understandable. You were true to your words and never left me in the lurch. I’m sure you’re a big reason that a number of early users (I’m a beta) hung around through RW’s growth pains.

Thanks for your continuing care and support! Liz/Donna