New Moto G Set up and Migrate

OK, well that tells me it is the right kind of SIM, so I’m back to there being an issue with the phone. I’m out of ideas. Hopefully someone else will come along that can help or you can open a ticket if you don’t already have one.

Hmm that sucks. So I need to open a help ticket…and possibly send this phone back?

It’s really hard for me to say what’s going on. Here’s what I do know, the SIM type that Southpaw had sent is the right one. The phone should be able to read it. The phone isn’t reading it.

So that leaves us with a couple of options: 1) A faulty SIM. It could happen, but this is a pretty rare occurrence. 2) A faulty phone. Certainly possible, since the phone was purchased 2nd hand. 3) The SIM in wrong. You’ve checked this a few times, so it seems unlikely.

Great, so your suggestion I guess is to return the phone? I don’t know what else to do.

I’m with @loiuisdi, it’s either the phone or the SIM. There isn’t any reason you should, however, if you had a second SIM and that also failed, that would tend to point the finger at the phone.

Though everything known indicates the phone you purchased should be Republic compatible, we could check a few things:

1. Scroll to, then tap System.
  2. Tap About phone.
  3. Tap Hardware information.
  4. Please share the information under SKU?
  5. Tap the back arrow.
  6. Please share the information under Software Channel and Build number?

XT1925-6

retus

OPSS27.104-92-2

Hi @amyb9,

Thank you for the information, which establishes you have what appears to be the Republic compatible G6 running the correct software channel (retus = retail U.S.). The software build, however, is old.

What happens if you try the following:

1. Remove the SIM.
  2. Be certain the phone is connected to WiFi.
  3. Open Settings.
  4. Tap System.
  5. Tap System Updates.

Does the phone update?

Says it has been updated to OPSS27.104-92-4

There’s at least one more update. Please try the update sequence again and see if you end up at OPSS27.104-92-6.

Says it is up to date…

Sometimes it’s necessary to attempt coaxing the update. Let’s try restarting the phone, waiting 5-10 minutes after it completes restarting, then checking for the update again.

Not happening

Hi @amyb9,

According to the information available to me it should be happening but let’s put that aside for the moment. If you power down the phone, return the SIM, restart the phone and, finally, open the Republic Wireless app, what happens?

Nothing different… says welcome to Republic, Get activated now…

However the sim card still says invalid.

Phone also says it is connected to wifi but not showing it in the symbol at the top

Would you be kind enough to screenshot the open Republic app on the G6 and post it here.

No idea how to do that on this phone

Thought I’d jump in and help with the screenshot since we have two of the Moto G6’s. Here’s a site with a good explanation how-to for taking a screenshot.

Or you can open the Moto app>Features>Moto Actions>Three finger screenshot turn on. Touch and hold on the screen with three of your fingers to capture a screen shot. We use the Moto app because we always seem to have a hard time pressing the two switches together at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

So maybe I figured out how to capture the screen shot on my phone… I’m replying to all of this on my laptop… I’m really tired and annoyed at this point…

WTH… The screenshot says nothing more than I have said. How do I transfer a screenshot to here…?

Hi @amyb9,

I’m asking for the screenshot because I’m trying to understand why you see both Get Activated Now and Invalid SIM. In theory, it should be one or the other.

1 Like

Add images

ges
Message an
Expert customer