New moto g4 does not seem to have same reception my moto 3 had

I am not happy with my new Moto G4 as it seems very obvious I no longer get the signal strength and reception I had with my G3. My job has me covering a 7 township area that I frequent daily and after just one day I is very apparent the I may need to re activate my G3 which I thought I had lost, but found.
The battery life also seem inferior to the G3… Any thoughts to this issue as I don’t know what to do with this phone as I cannot have this issue for my work.
Are some phone just better at receiving a poor signal than others. If this is the case can you recommend what might be a better choice next time?

Please try this on your phone:

1. Launch the dialer as if you were going to make a call.
  2. Tap the numeric keypad icon.
  3. Dial *#*#786#*#*

What does your phone do? Does the screen just clear or do you get a SprintDM screen?

it says “dialed number not allowed”

I’m now at home and on wyfy.
. also noting that my new phones battery is already down to 25% in just 1/2 day with seems to be low usage//
I keep closing open unused windows…

Sorry, fixed the error, please look above and try again.

it just cleared - white out

Ok, so that, combined with the poor battery life tells me that you have bad GSM coverage in your area, and that’s the network that you’re phone is activated on.

The solution is to open a ticket, let support know of the issues you are having, and ask them to provide you what you need to move your phone to Sprint (which is the carrier your old phone was on).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.