New phone advice

I’m looking for a new phone and wondering if anyone knew what the best camera specs for a phone that can be used on republic. That’s my main thing is having a phone that takes great pictures. Everything else is negotiable, maybe a really good battery. Any advice?

This has been answered a few times around here.

The Samsung S20 / Note 20 and the Google Pixel 4/4a lines have the best cameras of Republic compatible phones by a long shot.

2 Likes

And while you’re looking, don’t forget to scroll down to the bottom and hit ‘Which phone has the best camera’ where users have showcased their pictures and they can be pulled up by the Browse and Share link … some pretty awesome shots to look at!

1 Like

If you’re looking for a phone with a great camera on a medium budget, the Pixel 3a has a pretty great camera, especially for the cost. There was a photo contest done by Republic a few weeks ago to see camera qualities of various phones and I made an entry so you can go check out the pic I posted on there. I think I paid maybe $275-$300 for mine? Something like that. Maybe that sounds a bit pricey, IDK, but it was worth it! The only downside I can really think of is that stock Android phones, such as the Google Pixel phones, only allow Chromecast for their screen casting, and I don’t have one, I have a Roku. It’s dumb, but it is what it is. If you want to screen mirror, Chromecast is the only way with stock Android, unless you buy a 3rd party app or something. I’m just letting you know because I didn’t know that and I was really bummed. But it still is a great phone for the price!

Here’s the link where you can see different camera qualities. Mine is dark, but really sharp! I didn’t edit it a ton.
https://forums.republicwireless.com/t/community-challenge-27-2nd-annual-how-good-is-your-phones-camera-show-us-for-your-chance-to-win/33962/5

5 Likes

Pixel phones have amazing cameras and they’re not terribly expensive. The Pixel 4a is getting some pretty amazing reviews; it provides great bang for the buck and you get 3 years of prompt Android updates as well from Google.

I won’t ever own another Motorola phone after buying the Pixel 3a.

3 Likes
Message an
Expert customer