New phone brings greatly increased telemarket calls

Had to upgrade as my old phone as it died. Got the moto x 4. Kept my number. Got the phone off amazon. With the old phone I would get maybe 2 or 3 telemarketer calls a week. Since the new phone hit my door I am averaging around 4 to 6 or 8 per day. I have already blocked 4 calls today and it’s not noon yet. My question is who sold my number? I use my phone for business as my landline is useless due to telemarketers calls. Average about 8-10 per day there.
I don’t understand how this happened. I never pick up an unfamiliar number.
Jim

Have you enabled the robocall / spam call blocker? If not, see the following linked article:

2 Likes

these calls are most likely coming from your underlying carrier number (which would have changed when you changed phones

Hi @jimm.1uxek3,

Republic Wireless doesn’t sell your number.

Please open a ticket with our Help team and let them know you’ve started getting telemarketing calls since your recent upgrade.

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t mean to imply that. It was a general question as to who would sell my phone out. I don’t know how these things work but it’s happened overnite
Jim

If you open the ticket as suggested above I’m confident that Republic staff can work with you to likely get it to stop overnight as well.

Message an
Expert customer