New phone, cell coverage differences

What phone do you have? Moto G

What plan are you on? 1 gig data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

Since I got my new phone my service is terrible! I do not get the service I was receiving and there is no service just outside my town. If I need to get a different brand phone I will. I use this for my business phone. Thanks Jeff

Hi @jeffreys.1r9poe and welcome to the Member Community. Sounds like your old phone may have been on the CDMA (Sprint) network. The new phone, if purchased from RW, may have come with a GSM SIM (T-Mobile) service.

Let’s start by verifying exactly what your new phone is. Moto G has several versions (Moto G Power, Moto G Play, etc). Can you tell us the model of phone?

Then let’s see what SIM is installed - How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA

And if you will share the zip code you’re in (zip code only) other members can help determined if CDMA or GSM will provide the best coverage in your area.

Please come back with this information and we’ll go from there to try and improve your service :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi @jeffreys.1r9poe Did you review the information that Freddy provided? Do you need additional assistance with this issue?

Thanks for reply!
I am sorry but the phone is Moto E. My Zip is 54241.
SIM Type is GSM
Thanks again Jeff

Which Moto E? What specifically does it say at Settings – About Phone – Model?

Model moto e
IMEI …
App Version 3.29.2.1
ICCID …
SIM Type GSM

Not in the Republic App, but in the actual phone settings. Pull down from the top of the screen, and select the little gear, then About phone and tell us what it says under “Model”.

Hi @jeffreys.1r9poe,

It looks like you’ve had CDMA SIM cards from us before, and that a CDMA SIM card is what you need for the best coverage in your area.

If you’ll please follow the steps in this article How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help, our Coverage Team will take care of sending you the SIM card you need.

1 Like

Model: Moto e

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer