New phone different retailer

Can I get a new phone from another retailer and keep my same service from Republic Wireless?

I recommend looking at this page

If you provide more details about what phone and plan you are currently on, we may be able to provide additional guidance.

1 Like

i was wondering if the xiaomi redmi note 9 is compatible with your sim cards. Its globally unlocked and supports 4g lte so shoukd i be in the clear?

Hi @Profit,

I’m afraid the answer is no. With Republic, there is more to the story than cellular network compatibility. Republic’s blended WiFi/cell service is unique (sufficiently unique to be patented).

Republic blends the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) network of Bandwidth.com with one of two cellular network partners. One network partner operates a GSM network and is T-Mobile. Republic’s other network partner operates a CDMA network and is the now T-Mobile owned Sprint. Cellular coverage is provisioned with one partner or the other not both simultaneously. VoIP is the technology powering the WiFi portion of Republic’s blended calling and text messaging.

This unique blending of networks (one VoIP and one cellular) imposes stringent compatibility requirements and is managed by Republic’s mobile app, which requires one of the carrier agnostic U.S. factory unlocked phones listed here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help. You’ll want to be certain the phone you wish to bring is an exact model number (and in some cases build number match) for those listed.

3 Likes
Message an
Expert customer