New phone does not operate correctly

Hey,
I have had multiple phones thru Republic Wireless over the years and have always been happy; HOWEVER, the new phone I bought end of 2020 does not work well and is sooooo frustrating. How do I trade it in or get one that works?

Hello @karenc.oit6gn,

Welcome to Republic’s Member Community!

Can you please tell us what model of phone you have and what problems are frustrating you? :thinking:

The community is pretty good about fixing phone issues. :slight_smile:

That would be great! LG stylo and when I am on a call or sometimes trying to make a call, I get a very loud noise and then a message pops up on screen saying my microphone is being used and it keeps blaring the noise for about 10 seconds and then the call rings back to me and I apologize to the person and we go on until it happens again. Sometimes happens right away; other times I can talk for an hour and then it happens. Very strange

1 Like

Hi Karen, Please give this a try:

1. Open the Republic Wireless app
  2. Tap the gear-shaped icon in the top right corner of the screen
  3. Tap Advanced settings
  4. Tap Enable handover on networks
  5. Be sure that Handover to WiFi when appropriate is UNchecked.

Let us know if that doesn’t resolve the issue.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Phone on Android 6 will not upgrade to Android 7

Unfortunately that did not solve the problem

Let’s try this next…

Though your LG phone is not listed in the help article as being an affected model. I would like you to please try this:

While you’re in the permission section of the Republic app, make sure it has all the permissions it is needing (along with the microphone) :wink:

Please let u s know if it helps!

The comment Another application is currently using your microphone" when placing calls is what I get. I bought the LG Stylo on Republic Wireless site. I wish I would have stuck with Samsung.

So on Republic Wireless app the microphone, phone, sms and storage are all granted already. Is there something else that needs to allowed???

Is this the error you see?

In the Republic help archives I find that different phone models have had this issue. :thinking:

We can’t try safe mode because that will kill the Republic app…humm. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I know these are not for your phone model but please (as a test), try each Resolution and re-test your phone. If it still fails, put the setting back the way it was and try the next one.

Yes that’s the message. I will give it a try. Thanks

2 Likes

This exact thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago when my Samsung S10 underwent a software update. I tried everything with the microphone settings and finally just rebooted it and then it was okay. Go figure.

Message an
Expert customer