New Phone information help

What is the phone I should have to accommodate the “Fitbit Sense” mine is 5 years old or better, Currently I have a Moto G5 Plus-Android version7- I am told it needs to be 11 or 12? Can someone help please?

Hi @diannes.utqcv6,

Welcome to The Republic Wireless Community :slight_smile:

Have you tried to update your Moto g5+?
It looks like it should upgrade to Android 8 which is the lowest version the Fitbit app will work on.

Motorola Moto G5 Plus - Full phone specifications

Suprt T,

Thank you,
It has been upgraded as far as it can be.
The Fitbit I received needs 11 or 12. No I need to know what phone will accommodate that

Thank you for responding.

@dianne.utqcv6

I’m curious who is telling you that your phone needs Android 11 or 12. When I check the FitBit site, they specify Android 8.0 as the minimum:

1 Like

It is the “Fitbit Sense” I was working with Geek Squad and it wouldn’t sync with phone and informed us on the screen. I am not good myself with techy things.
Thanks for responding.

diannes.utqcy6:

Hi @diannes.utqcv6,

Are you interested in buying a new phone or a used phone? I ask because I don’t think anyone is going to be able to list for you all the used phones that have Android 11 or 12, and there are other things we’d need to know before advising you.

For example, do you want to stay on your currently My Choice plan? If so, do you have a GSM SIM card?
Are you wanting to stay with a Motorola phone, or move to another brand?
Are there other features about your phone you want to be sure the new phones has, or is compatibility with the Fitbit Sense your only concern?

Like @johnny5, I’m surprised you were told it had to be Android 11 or 12. I have a Fitbit Sens, and I’ll try to pair it with an Android 10 phone and let you know if I’m successful, but it may take me a day or two to get to it.