New Phone Joins our Bring Your Own Phone Lineup

Originally published at: https://pwk.republicwireless.com/new-phone-joins-bring-phone-lineup/

UPDATE: Introducing the all-new Moto Z2 Play! The phones keep rolling in… We’re adding new phones to our bring your own phone lineup already! Every time we add a new phone to our bring your own phone option, we will update this blog with the new phone and highlight a few of the features. Let’s take a closer look: Moto Z2 PLAY Turn your phone into a movie projector, stereo speaker, battery powerhouse, and more in a snap. Meet the second generation Moto Z2 Play, the thinner, lighter, faster smartphone that transforms with Moto Mods. The Moto Z2 Play delivers…

7 Likes

FYI- Moto Z2 Play w/free JBL Speaker Mod at Motorola website (week only). Speaker Mod should show free at checkout. I received email today from Motorola regarding this…don’t know if it’s special for people on mailing list or what. Anyways, thought I would pass along.

3 Likes

Awesome that new phones are joining your supported list.

Any plans for the Sony Xperia line?

I wish phone makers didn’t make every phone bigger and bigger these days.

It seems that right now the only phones in the sub 5" with up to date specs are the Sony Xperia X Compact and the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact which sadly Republic doesn’t support right now.

2 Likes

Hi!

Any plans for the Sony Xperia line?

Not to my knowledge but we’re always looking at new devices so it’s a possibility.

We do support the Pixel which is right at 5" and may add another phone in the near future with a similar screen size. The phones are getting HUGE however, so I feel your pain. I have smaller hands myself, so I’m always dropping my phone.

2 Likes

im very interested in seeing the new Nokia 3310, i would love to get that thing on republic. it could work sooooo well for you!

not see that phone on republic as of right now Republic hybrid VOIP/Cell requires a smartphone with at least Android 6.0 (or a custom build ROM in 5.1)

What about the new Pixel 2 or Pixel XL 2?

Hi @jonathan1,

We announced we will be supporting the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, earlier today.

Message an
Expert customer