New phone keep old plan?

I currently have a Moto X 1st gen. which is dying. I have purchased a new phone. I would like to keep my current plan. May I?

Hi @nancyc.jby0si,

I’m afraid not. Keeping your grandfathered plan with a new Republic phone isn’t possible. Republic’s new phones require use of Republic’s My Choice plan: Cell Phone Plans – Republic Wireless. In Republic’s words:

“Republic Wireless My Choice is an entirely new offer and has tons of new features like wider range of phones, more timely phone launches, faster Android updates, and a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) experience. With these features, we’ve also made changes to price points.” Republic hopes you’ll find the value proposition to be appealing.

3 Likes

Hi @nancyc.jby0si - We upgraded both of our Moto G1 legacy phones to Moto G6’s this year. Yes, we had to change to the My Choice plans. For us it worked out great. We were paying around $54/mo ($27/mo each phone) with 3G service on the old plan. The new plan dropped our monthly cost to around $44 with taxes ($22/mo each phone) and we have the faster 4G LTE service. We use so little data the 1GB/mo on each phone works fine for us. RW also offers an annual plan with lower costs but the annual plan is non-refundable.

The following Tips & Tricks helped us - Existing Legacy plan - How to upgrade to My Choice plan

Not trying to “sell you” on the new plan just giving you a comparison of how it worked for us! YMMV - cost could be different based on your data needs and federal, state and local taxes.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer