New phone old sim card

My old moto g5 plus broke, so I bought exactly same phone. Can I use old republic wireless SIM card on my new phone or do I have to buy new one?

Hi @petrb.5par3m!

If your phone is running on Sprints network (CDMA SIM card) then you won’t be able to. If your phone is running on TMobile’s network, then you can. However, it is recommended that you buy a new SIM card to prevent any issues. If you aren’t sure which network you are on, you can head over to Republic’s coverage checker and check. If you don’t see any warning messages and it says BYOP is available, then you are on GSM. Here’s a link: 4G LTE + WiFi for the Best Cell Phone Coverage | Republic Wireless . Additionally, please see this very helpful answer here: Move SIM card from Nexus 6p to Moto X4 .

Thank you

This isn’t necessarily true. Just because GSM coverage is available doesn’t mean that the member is on GSM coverage. The way to tell is to look at the SIM.

If the word Republic is in all gray/black then that’s a SIM for the CDMA partner (Sprint).
If the word Republic has the “public” part in green, then that’s a SIM for the GSM partner.