New phone, same number, same republic account but constant spam calls now

Hello,
We’ll I have had a Moto E with Republic for almost 3 years and very seldom got a spam call. Just last week I got a new Moto G5 Plus and just transfered my existing Republic account and number to it.

Problem is now I am getting Spam calls from various numbers all day long. I am blocking them but new ones keep coming in.

What has changed to cause this? Did something happen when Republic ported my number and account to my new phone?
Any ideas?
Brian

Your phone’s secondary routing number changed. More on that here: How to find your phone’s secondary number and stop unwanted calls to that number.

Though there’s some self-help strategies outlined there, please consider raising a help ticket with Republic, so staff may assist. You may do so when signed into your Republic account here: Tickets | Republic Wireless.

I don’t know for sure if this helped or not, but I also received an increase in unsolicited calls. After finding my secondary number, I added that number to the national DO NOT CALL registry online. It didn’t tell me the number had already been added, so…thinking that it hadn’t been on the list before. My primary number was already on the list.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.