New Phone Support?

Will Republic support the new Escobar Fold 1 phone? Meaning can I buy an unlocked one and just get a SIM card for it from Republic? It states it will be compatible with all networks worldwide and its only going to cost $350! I am on it if Republic has a SIM for it!

Hi @danieli.e22o46 - I’m just another member with no inside track on RW plans. RW doesn’t really share future plans. Updates are posted as announcements here: Announcements & News - Member Community

You can also use the “Notify” button at the top of the #news page to make sure you are notified when something new is posted in the category.

Here’s a thread you might also find interesting –

Anything else I say would be conjecture mixed with some hope. Don’t know if anyone else has anything to share. They will certainly jump in if they do

1 Like

Hey thanks for that link to the discussion about BYOPs. I went right to the survey monkey that it spoke about and put the Escobar Fold 1 on it. Hopefully that phone is legit and not a scam. You can preorder them now with a credit card but I will wait and see until they actually hit the market.

Isn’t this just a re-branded Royole FlexPai?

1 Like

Not sure yet but it is supposedly unbreakable and has a special plastic type screen that still has crazy good resolution. The guys goal according to him is that he wants to beat Apple and is planning a class action lawsuit next year in the amount of $30 billion. He wants Apple to have to give back their profits to the people they sold overpriced cheap phone to.

Yeah, well you do have to remember that this is (Colombian drug lord) Pablo Escobar’s brother promoting this. There’s bound to be exaggeration.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer