New phone to replace a dead Moto X2

Is she with RW too? And is it the G7 Play? What about the sim card?

0 Likes

Thank you so much for your help rolandh. I am waiting to see if Motorola will cancel the order. They only allow 30 minutes to cancel. I am looking at the MotoG6 Play now.

1 Like

Yes, she is with RW but with a GSM sim card. T-mobile coverage is good in our area.

1 Like

Which g7?

0 Likes

She has the G7… but it doesn’t matter for coverage if it is G7 or G7 Play

1 Like

Thank you!

0 Likes

You’re welcome… and I just want echo @rolandh’s sentiment…that we are going to help you through this process. So please don’t worry…everything will sort itself out. If you are unable to cancel your order… please let us know and we can explore other options.

4 Likes

Which carrier is used by GSM and which CDMA? The coverage map does not show what carrier is being used. As I mentioned wife had GSM and it did not well so RW sent a new CDMA and it works fine now. I think that was a year ago so maybe coverage is better now.

0 Likes

GSM is on T-mobile. CDMA is on Sprint.

Based on your wife’s experience… I feel that CDMA is going to be the right fit for you as well.

2 Likes

OK I was able to cancel the order with Motorola. The 6play is out of stock so I ordered the G6 from RW

0 Likes

A wise choice on two fronts. The Moto G6 Play isn’t likely to be restocked by Republic as it’s no longer manufactured. More to the point, the G6 is a better phone than the G6 Play.

2 Likes

New G6 will be here Thursday, excited!

4 Likes

You can get a good deal on a Moto G6 at Google Fi. It is on sale for $99 and you have to activate it with them, but there is no minimum activation time so you could cancel anytime. $99 for the phone and $20 for one month activation is pretty cheap for this phone.

0 Likes

Actually GF users can cancel at anytime and the unused portion of the month should be refunded at some time in the future. Similar to what RW does but not near as instantaneous as our excellent billing service.

:flight_departure:

1 Like

I bought my Moto G6 from walmart.com…189.00…I LOVE LOVE LOVE this phone…

0 Likes

Hi @ad.jh3gku,

What phone did you have before the G6 and what are your top favorite features about the G6?

0 Likes

There’s one other important thing to consider when buying a new phone. Are you under the old unlimited data plan? I picked up a Moto X years ago and had the unlimited data plan. Five years later I replaced the phone but did not look to see which phone were eligible to transfer my data plan. The list of phones was small but I would have been better off getting an older model and keeping my unlimited data plan than transferring my number to a Moto x4. I love the phone but I miss my old plan more.

1 Like

Message an
Expert customer