Many people may have received a new Republic Wireless phone for Christmas. Or, you may have purchased one of the new phones on your own, now that Republic offers so many new choices. You may be wondering what to do with your previous cell phone.
Personally, I recommend that you keep the previous phone for backup purposes. You never know when an unfortunate accident will see your favored new phone lost, stolen or otherwise incapacitated. If that happens, it only takes moments to re-activate the previous phone to use while you weigh you options or order a new replacement. Re-activating the older phone will immediately move your number back to that phone, thereby protecting your privacy and personal information if you don’t have your lock screen password protected.
But, if you are intent on recovering some of the value that remains in your older phone, you might consider on the online reseller options below. eBay and Swappa have been the most common recommendations in this discussion forum. But, eBay’s fee are somewhat high, lately. These other resellers may offer options and terms more to you liking.
- Swappa.com for Apple & Android devices
- Glyde.com for Apple & Android devices plus video games
- Gazelle.com for Apple products, plus Android, BlackBerry and other phones
- Gizmogul.com lets you sell old phones for cash and donate to charity at the same time
- BuyBackWorld.com or BuyMyTronics.com for all electronics
- NextWorth.com for phones, cameras, tablets and games
If you have used any of these services in the past, you might take a moment to share your experience below. This may help your fellow Republic community members with their own decisions on the subject. Thanks!