New phones compatible with 2.0 Refund plans?

I still am using the Moto X (1 Gen) phone and have been thinking of upgrading, however if that means I can no longer keep my refund plan, it would add another factor to the equation.

In the 3.0 plan documentation I see a link to the 3.0 phones, but no where can I find confirmation that using the new 3.0 phones with the old plans are impossible.

From Republic Wireless 3.0 FAQs :

Can I keep my Republic Wireless 1.0 or 2.0 plan on the Republic Wireless 3.0 phones?

No. Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 plans rely on our unique ROM build. In order to offer our members a wider range of phones, more timely phone launches, faster Android updates, and a BYOP experience, Republic Wireless 3.0 uses an all-new architecture that moves us out of the ROM. Republic Wireless 3.0 phones aren’t compatible with our 1.0 and 2.0 plans.

Hi @richardg.jkevae,

From https://community.republicwireless.com/docs/DOC-2912-republic-wireless-30-faqs#jive_content_id_Republic_Wireless_10_and_…:

Can I keep my Republic Wireless 1.0 or 2.0 plan on the Republic Wireless 3.0 phones?

No. Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 plans rely on our unique ROM build. In order to offer our members a wider range of phones, more timely phone launches, faster Android updates, and a BYOP experience, Republic Wireless 3.0 uses an all-new architecture that moves us out of the ROM. Republic Wireless 3.0 phones aren’t compatible with our 1.0 and 2.0 plans.

For the record, this has been very disappointing for me as a longtime Republic customer. I had to upgrade my phone (to a Moto G5 Plus) from a Moto G because the phone crapped out. On the Refund Plan, I always received some amount of refund each month for unused data (average bill was $12.56). Now I pay more than twice that amount each month ($25 + tax) AND the service has gotten worse. On a recent trip back to Vermont (where I lived when I originally signed up for Republic and enjoyed service for 2+ years), I had NO cell coverage in any of the places I used to. Unacceptable.

Your new phone might be using the gsm provider. The legacy plans were Sprint only. Open a help ticket so support can analyze your coverage based on where you live and travel.

You can choose to change your plan to 1 GB per month at $20 or the $15 Talk/Text you have data use free months. Data can easily be added in 1 GB chunks any time if needed.

:flight_departure: