New Republic phone # - What happens to call history?

If I get a new Republic phone number, will I still have the call history from the old Republic phone number in my account?

1 Like

Your call history is tied to your service line, so you should not lose your history. That is making you want to change your number?

0 Likes

For my understanding, what do you mean by a “service line”?

0 Likes

Ops, I Missread the Question

If you log into your account you can view your call and text history by phone number. Getting a new phone will not change this as long as you have the same phone number. (The phone number is your service line if i’m correct). You won’t be able to see your call history on your new phone however, just on the republic wireless website.

0 Likes

Oh, then I think there is a misunderstanding to my first question, which was:

If I get a new Republic phone number, will I still have the call history from the old Republic phone number in my account?

I am interested in getting a new phone number, not a new phone. So if I get a new phone number but keep my existing account and my existing phone, then I will lose my call history from the old phone number which currently shows in my account?

0 Likes

I believe seanr’s answer indicates that you will not lose your history. You can always download a copy of your history if you want to be safe.

My previous answer was my fault sorry, I misread your question. As for the service line, I’m not sure xD

1 Like

To download the call history, log in to your account.
Click on the Green I Want To bar
Click on View Calls and Texts
Click on the icon in the upper right that looks like an old fashioned floppy disk.

You can download by month and print out the call history.

1 Like

Thank you. That clears things up for me.

1 Like

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer