New sim card for existing republic wireless account

I bought a new samsung galaxy j3 to replace my old phone which recently died. I didn’t buy the phone through republic wireless. If I just buy a new sim card, can I stick it in the new samsung phone to reactivate my account and number?

@68dbe554-1758-4df5-b9b9-b0fd1babb898

Depends on the build number and model number. Where was the service last at, verizon Att? If the phone was with another service provider I doubt it will be accepted.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

before buying a SIM download the Republic 3.0 app and see if the phone is compatible

only the US regional Factory unlock version will work the

• Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) (SM-J320A) See more info below*
    • (Apps → Settings → About device → Model number)
      *For the Pixel, Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy J3 and S6 phones only: In addition to matching the model number, you also need to match the build number. This additional step ensures that you’re receiving a Republic certified phone, meaning it’s been thoroughly tested by our engineers and has received updated quality improvements.

Some J3 phones have an older build number and can be updated to the build number listed below, so please make sure your J3 has all of its updates before checking the build number. To find the build number, tap Apps → Settings → About device → Build number. The build number must match one of the following:

For Samsung Galaxy J3 (the AT&T branded version of this phone is not compatible with our service)

• MMB29K.J320AUES2APJ2
  • MMB29K.J320AUEU1APE9