Newly activated phone cannot send or receive text message

Hi I just activated my phone a few hours ago and I have the same issue. I have filed a ticket, I really need this phone I wonder if anyone can help me asap

0 Likes

Still can’t send or receive texts.

0 Likes

Hi @lukeg.f00luz,

Have you rebooted the phone?

1 Like

This may or may not be related. When you turn off the wifi on your phone, do you have a cellular signal? If yes, do you see letters near the signal bars such as “LTE” or “H” or “R”? If yes, what exactly are you seeing there and what texting app are you using?

1 Like

Well it says lte, and I am using the messaging system that came with the phone. When I am on wifi it works fine.

0 Likes

Yes I have I filed a ticket a day ago and no one got back to me.

0 Likes

Hi @lukeg.f00luz,

I’m going to break your comments into a topic of their own. I’ve also updated your ticket to let the team know that your issue was not cleared up with the roll-out, and may be something else, and still needs attention.

1 Like

I can send and receive texts now. Do I have to have the cellular data on all the time also?

0 Likes

Indeed, Republic’s unique blended WiFi/cell service requires cell data be enabled in Android settings at all times. Please know any cell data used for text messaging is included in the base price of all Republic plans and will not be deducted from any cell data purchased for Internet access.

If you wish to keep other things from consuming cell data, you may turn cell data off in the Republic app. Android also has some cell data saving tools built in. To know which might apply to your phone, we would need to know brand, model and, if applicable, generation of the phone in question.

3 Likes

Ok my last plan didn’t need my cell data on. But ok I guess.

0 Likes

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer