Nexus 5x bootloop warranty support

I am interested in getting the Nexus 5x, but concerned about the bootloop bug that LG is now saying cannot and will not be fixed. My question for Republic Wireless: if I purchase a new Nexus 5x through Republic and get hit with the bootloop bug while the phone is under warranty, will Republic back it up with a replacement?

Some context: I had a Nexus 5x that I bought used from a third party and activated on Republic via BYOP. It got hit by the bootloop bug, and since it was bought used there’s no warranty support. I like the Nexus 5x and for the price think it’s the best phone on Republic, but I don’t want to get stuck with a second brick.

Hi @jonathan.s

Welcome to the Republic Wireless community where users can help each other out.

Republic Wireless offers a Money Back Guarantee . This covers a return period for the phone of 14 days and you are able to return the phone if you are not satisfied.

The manufacturer of the phone offers a limited warranty on the phone. This is not part of Republic and you will talk directly with the manufacturer for any claims. So, if you purchase a new Nexus 5x through Republic and get hit with the bootloop bug while the phone is under warranty, you will want to speak with LG during their warranty period.

If purchasing the phone used, it will determine if the warranty can transfer and how much time is left.

Message an
Expert customer