No alert sounds when texts arrive

the phone sounds all seem working except texts, i have notification and vibrate on and they work for other apps but not messaging.

What phone do you have? moto g5 plus

What plan are you on? 2gb

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? all 3


Issue Description

only had phone 2 days,, never had text sounds

Tap on Anywhere app
Tap on three dots top-right
Tap on Settings
Tap on Sound
Make sure notifications are turned on and pick your sound.

These are the instructions for the Republic Anywhere messaging app. You didn’t tell us which messaging app you are using.

i had anywhere then removed it so i reinstalled it, all settings look right, so i’ll wait and see, thanks :slight_smile:

I like having the Anywhere companion app on my PC.

I have a similar problem with notification sounds. Probably 25% of the time, the sound never activates. The other 75% of the time it either works correclty, or the sound is delayed about 10-15 seconds after a message comes in.

What phone do you have? Moto Z2 Play

What plan are you on? 1gb

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? all 3

Hi @jriems

Sorry no one has responded. I actually get the delayed notification sound on my MXP occasionally. I do not have an explaination, I just figure it’s one of those quirky things that happen using modern day tech.

Hopefully someone with a Samsung device that has experienced this issue will chime in with a possible solution.

Message an
Expert customer