No anywhere app anymore?

Jus went from a first gen moto x to an LG K 30 and it seems Anywhere text app is no longer available in google play. Cannot get my texts from old phone to new. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Thomas

Hi @thomasf.wqj7oc and welcome to the comminity .

This Post will explain the issue:

https://forums.republicwireless.com/t/cant-download-anywhere-app/26520/2?u=supert

You might try using Google Messages App until Republic can get Anywhere back into the Play Store.

1 Like

Hi @thomasf.wqj7oc,

Indeed Google has for the time being removed Anywhere from its play store. Republic is working to change that, however, we don’t yet know when that might occur.

In any event, Anywhere is not the best choice for moving text messages from old to new phone as it would retrieve no more than the past 30 days from Republic’s servers. I’ve used this app to move text messages from old to new phone:

Once your text message threads are on your new phone, you may use Messages by Google as suggested by @SuperT until Google restores Anywhere to its play store.

1 Like

Roland,

Thank you very much. I will get the app. Appreciated.

Thomas

1 Like

Roland,

Quick question: I would imagine I need to be able to install the
app below onto the old phone in order to back up and then install
the same app onto the new phone in order to restore? If so, I
have already gotten the sim card on the new phone activated and
the old phone is dead so I can’t get to the play store. Does this
make sense or am I over thinking this?

Thanks again.

Thomas

No sir, you’re not overthinking this. You do indeed need to be able to install SMS Backup And Restore on both phones. When you say the old phone is dead, do you mean inoperable or merely that service is already transferred to the new phone?

If the latter, your old phone would still be able to install apps from Google’s Play Store as it functions as a mini WiFi tablet. If the former, please let us know.

1 Like

I thought the old phone could not work without an activated SIM card but after I sent the question to you i went to the old not activated phone and was able to get to the play store! I downloaded. Installed and am about to go to the new phone and install so I can restore from g drive. I will let you know what happens and thank you for responding so quickly.

Thomas

2 Likes

Roland,

Back up and Restore worked like a charm. Thanks again for your
help.

Thomas

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer