Moto G Power, 3.0 plan. GSM SIM.
Over the weekend, I changed out my SD card. The SIM popped out, and I accidentally reinstalled a CDMA SIM that was in the collection of “stuff.” No idea why I even have it still, but I digress. I got a nasty error when I powered up the phone, and I quickly realized my mistake. Out with the bad SIM, in with the GSM SIM (which has been working fine until now).
I am in a dead zone (hence RW!), so I didn’t realize until I headed out today that I don’t have any cell service. No data either…empty triangle with the dreaded “x.”
Here’s what I tried:
- resets and re-activations
- full phone reset (yup, I did…regretting it now)
- got myself to a “known good” location with an excellent signal from tower
- verified a good signal by looking at my wife’s phone
- put the SIM in an old phone. I was able to connect to the tower and make a call
- no issues at all with wifi calling.
- phone thinks I have a GSM SIM installed, and RW app diags are happy (except for no cell service when I’m home)
Still nothing. It just seems that T-Mobile doesn’t want to talk to my phone. Am I locked out somehow? If the GSM SIM was bad, the test with the old phone would also fail. Do I have a hardware failure?
Head scratcher. Thanks.