'no cell internet" under data, diagnostic test says " cell service not one of RW partners-check sim card."

CDMA sim, 97828 zip, all said in title above… do not have 'restricted data on…???

Oh,., its a Moto g7 power… the triangle on phone top, shows 1/3rd white triangle, with an R above it, can make calls and text on cell. CDMA, tired GSM poor coverage.

Hi @peterb.h3vqtd,

The “R” indicates roaming coverage. When roaming Republic activated phones (whether provisioned for GSM or CDMA coverage) do not offer cell data access. In that sense, your experience is as expected.

1 Like

Hi @peterb.h3vqtd,

I’ve looked at both GSM and CDMA coverage for your area. Candidly, neither of Republic’s network partners offers robust native coverage there.

If cell data is a requirement and I don’t say this lightly, Republic is not a good fit for your needs. You would want to look for a provider that uses AT&T’s or Verizon’s network.

in that sense…Republic is a pretty crapola system… oh la la… beta test junk service on the humans…prob switch to fi…thanks though. P

Hi @peterb.h3vqtd,

I’d like to clarify something. Republic like all other service providers other than the network owners themselves does not own its own cellular network. Rather, Republic provisions cellular coverage with one of two network partners. One partner operates a GSM network and is T-Mobile. Republic’s other partner operates a CDMA network and is Sprint. Cellular coverage is provisioned with one partner or the other not both simultaneously.

It’s true, according to the maps, that neither T-Mobile’s or Sprint’s networks offer robust native coverage in your area (but this is hardly true everywhere), hence the suggestion you look at providers using either AT&T’s or Verizon’s networks. Those two have holes in their coverage as well. As a real estate agent might say; it’s all about location, location location.

Hi @peterb.h3vqtd,

One thing I didn’t note in your most recent post. Google Fi does not offer coverage on AT&T’s or Verizon’s networks either. Unless US Cellular offers decent native coverage in your area, I suggest avoiding Fi also. Fi uses T-Mobile’s, Sprint’s and U.S. Cellular’s networks.

thanks for the reply…but oddly, my friends all have good /decent data coverage…some had it 10n years ago…but not republic??? P

Hi @peterb.h3vqtd,

Have you asked them whom they’re using for service?

1 Like

Thanks for that…US Cell does work well here. ATT is decent I think…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer