No cell service in Raleigh or RTP. Can you update me on this?

What phone do you have? Moto G4

What plan are you on? 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data 1 GB

Issue Description

No cell service in Raleigh or RTP. Can you update me on this? Started this morning or last night. I have Wifi service.

Hi @hhs,

You’ve posted your question to Republic’s online community, which is largely made up of fellow members (Republic likes to call customers members). Therefore, we’re not going to be able to update you on any potential cellular service issues in your area.

The above said, we may still be able to help. When you look at the cellular signal indicator on your G4, do you see any bars and/or letters? If you see letters, may we know what those are? Additionally, please let us know if your SIM is GSM or CDMA. Here’s how to tell: How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA – Republic Help.

Meanwhile, and I appreciate this will seem incredibly obvious, have you tried restarting your phone?

1 Like

No bars or letters, just open pale triangle.
Do not have RW app.
Under settings/ Sim status there is no GSM or CDMA listed.
Re-starting the phone did re-set the cell service. Apparently not obvious to me; never had this problem before.
Thanks.

You’re most welcome!

I’m curious, however, about something. According to your original question, you have a Moto G4. You’re using Republic service with that and don’t have the Republic app on your phone?

In any event, your cell service was restored by restarting the phone, correct?

Actually, now that I looked, I do have the RW app. CDMA. Cell service was restored by rebooting. Thanks & bye.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer