No cellular network message after VPN installed but I have a connection

What phone do you have? Moto G5+ 32 GB, sim type CDMA, Android version 8.1.0 (latest available)

What plan are you on? My Choice + 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 1 GB data

Issue Description

Recently installed the Malwarebytes VPN for Android. The notification bar at the top of the screen eventually shows the triangle alert that means “You do not have access to cellular networks. Try to find a WiFi network.” The Republic app under Your Phone Info page also says “No network connection…” But I do have access to cellular networks as shown by the Network icon at the top of the phone display. I find that if I disable the VPN then the No Network message goes away instantly. I reactivate the VPN and the message does not show for a while but after a few minutes the No Network message comes back even though I still have access to the cellular network. I tested this today by rebooting my wireless router and I could still make phone calls while the router was down. I can learn to ignore the network alert message but I would rather see a fix.

Hi @rellerie … and welcome back
I apologize that no one has dropped in to provide you an update.
This is not what you wanted to hear, but if you expect a fix, I am afraid that probably not come from the community or Republic. The failure you are seeing is not uncommon among VPN users.

Message an
Expert customer