No cellular Service Available" where I do always get it Updated profile and PRL caused it>?

What phone do you have? Moti g3

What plan are you on? refund

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? some data

Issue

Phone has done this before on its own…I do not remember the fix…think it was total reset…lost data. I made the mistake of updating the PRL and Profile as phone seemed slow…I think this caused the problem…Isn’t that special…no one I know has remotely the kind or frequency of problems Republic lays on its users.

Can any one tell me what towers/ company I am on…I cannot believe that do not provide data…as I cannot get here 97846 and 97828 Thanks, Peter

The legacy phones like the Moto G3 using the 2.0 legacy refund plan is though the CDMA partner ( Sprint) from the coverage map these zip codes are in a talk and text only area [roaming] so there no user data in this location

Screenshot_20190325-203047

Not only would there be no data in that area, looking at that map I’m a bit stunned there is any coverage at all. Generally, roaming areas so close to areas of no coverage at all have very poor coverage if any at all.

1 Like

The zip codes are in eastern Oregon (which has mountains a which can make for a hit and miss coverage on it’s own the GSM map show native fair coverage that’s not much better than the roaming CDMA coverage)

Thanks for input…do we know who the gsm carrier/partner is? I have a good handle on how good they are here…Thanks for any info.

As for my current ‘no cell service available’ situation — can you please provide me with all the dialer inputs that do resets of various sorts. I tried one and no effect…I know there are others. Do not want to copy and probably lose data …texts etc… Thanks!

The GSM partner is T-Mobile
Republic only has this partner on it’s 3.0 phones using the my choice plans
I will note that fair coverage is really outside and my be hit or miss

US Cellular is the best coverage here…I think it is CDMA…can I get a different SIM card or something to hit their service…or am I forced on to Sprint system somehow? Or T Mobile? anyway …could someone plz help me with the various Dialer ## * sequences to try before I have to do a factory reset and all problems that may bring…Thanks

Republic has only 2 partners, 1 is CDMA which is Sprint and the other is GSM which is T-Mobile, your phone the legacy phone of the Moto G3 is CDMA and as it has a custom ROM to work on Republic’s hybrid WiFi 1st VOIP with cell backup will only work on Republic though it;s CDMA partner. A newer phone from the supported phones list (all being US/North American Factory unlocked)using a my choice plan [$15+$5 per GB] can use the GSM partner

Please can somebody??? help me with the Dialer codes for reset…I remember there were several I tried before–and one of them helped my problem. trying to avoid a reset…■■■■ I hate this.

And…If I try a new phone GSM and it does not work or I do not like it…can I return to my old Refund plan G3 phone and get same billing etc?? Thanks

The best steps for legacy phones are the following

1. Restart Restart your phone by turning it off and then back on again.
  2. Reset Republic Credentials *#*#8674#*#*
    (**Note:**Your phone must be connected to WiFi to complete this step.) How to Refresh the Republic Wireless Activation – Republic Help
  3. Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) Perform a PRL update by following the instructions here: Update the PRL.
  4. Reset Cellular setting ##72786#When the PRL update is complete, How to Reset Cellular Settings on 1.0 and 2.0 Phones – Republic Help
    Note: Once this step is complete you must complete Step 5 or your phone will not work over Cellular.
  5. Update the Profile Update Data Profile 1.0/2.0 – Republic Help
  6. **Note:**You’ll need to be connected to WiFi in order to update the Profile.
  7. Restart Again The phone should automatically restart after a few seconds. If it doesn’t, then manually restart your phone.

One can reactivate the Moto G3 if you find the GSM coverage not to your liking
Best to test the new phone quickly as you only have a 14 day money back on the new phone once you receive it.

edit to clean up copied instructions and provide help center links

1 Like

first step does not so anything…type ## and numbers in to dialer and no effect…it just sits there.

Sorry forgot the forum dislikes the codes here the one for the 1st step *#*#8647#*#*

1 Like

Hi @peterb.h3vqtd,

It looks like you opened a ticket to get some additional assistance with this issue. Is everything now taken care of?

After the 5th or 6th factory reset…the phone and system starting working together again…why I do not know.

Would someone Please come up with a simple and useful ‘troubling shooting’ help ‘tree’ that users can reference to try the easiest steps to fix common problems…WAY less frustration than looking up possible fixes, consulting community members…etc… for all concerned… come on Republic! You have done enough beta testing on your customers…help us out. Thanks for the several folks that tried to help me!

The problem is the list varies for each phone as each manufacturer does things different. The list for your phone is in this post: No cellular Service Available" where I do always get it Updated profile and PRL caused it>? ust a couple of posts up from here.

I have done 4 resets that have failed to fix this problem. I won’t know if the 5th reset will work until I travel to a roaming area (35 miles away in a weekly trip). This situation is intolerable. I depend on being able to have voice service when roaming and until I get there I don’t know if it will work or not but when I’m there and it doesn’t work then I have no way to fix it.

I am using a Moto G1 and would like to know if anyone has had success with one of these phones. Is it possible for Republic Wireless’s engineers to test this and/or find out from Sprint and Verizon what changed and fix it?

At the same time I noticed this problem the phone also repeatedly loaded hundreds of old voicemails. I know that is a different issue but it may indicate a coding problem with a specific update.

I have been a loyal customer for over 4 years but it seems like you are trying to push the 1.0 plan members out, first you took away roaming data (which I never abused) and now roaming voice and text is gone.

Roaming voice and text should not be gone, but there was an issue which impacted some customers that had to be corrected by the internal team. Please open a ticket and ask that your sudden loss of roaming be investigated as part of master ticket #1538635.

For anyone else looking at this who is tempted to do the same, please know the master ticket has a very limited scope of sudden loss of roaming that is uncorrected by resets specifically on the Moto X1, X2, G1, G3, E1 or E2.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer