No cellular service when claimed - 61019

What phone do you have? Galaxy S10+ SM-G975U1

What plan are you on? Annual plan no data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? No data but added data for 1 month

Issue Description

I have been a Republic user for several years. I purchased a house 25 miles away. I loose connection to any cell tower on the way to and at the new location. The new ZIP code is 61019. Republic’s website shows coverage exists. Is theresomething I can do to improve performance? I can stand outside my house and have zero connection. I hate the idea of converting to Verizion, new phones, numbers and all.
Thanks!

• The first thing to do is determine which Carrier you are on (the current location where you are) see: How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA – Republic Help
    • Post back if you’re CDMA (Sprint) or (GSM T-Mobile), this will allow the community to help you with the determination on whether or not to request a different SIM
1 Like

I am using GSM.
Thanks for responding.

Coverage around Davis/Lake Summerset, IL looks bad for the GSM carrier, and doesn’t look much better for the CDMA carrier. You may wish to give CDMA a try, however. You can request a CDMA SIM card through the following process:

1 Like

Hey @johnf.tuafd4,

Did you attempt to request a CDMA SIM card? If so, was there any improvement?

I received 2 CDMA cards but neither will register with the network. I put in a support request and have heard nothing

Hi @johnf.tuafd4,

Your ticket remains with our coverage team, and while they do work some very long hours, they were offline for the holiday weekend. I see that they are now working with you to help you complete the CDMA activation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer