No coverage in home area

What phone do you have? Moto e4

What plan are you on? Talk&Text

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 1 GB

Issue Description

Looking at buying a new phone, but got the message it would not work in our home area. How come? We’ve been with Republic for years now and always had coverage… the phone we are looking at is a Moto g7 power.

Hi @christianb.ffbyzi
Welcome to the Community!

I’m a customer (like you), so I don’t know why you would be told the new phone would not work in your area especially since:

The Moto G7 Power is capable of working on either of Republics networks.
Please use the link below to check and see what SIM type you are currently using (GSM or CDMA)

If your Moto E4 is GSM you should have no trouble moving it over to the G7 Power.
If It’s CDMA, let us know and we’ll point you to how to get that SIM.

Added: As far as being able to buy the G7 Power, unless others here on the board have more advice (or know why you would be told you can’t purchase it), I would open a ticket and explain you’re a current customer and want to buy the Republic phone but are having an issue with the purchase.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply. We have GSM. So, we physically have to move the SIM? Does the new phone not come with a new SIM?

No, you don’t have to move the SIM from the old phone. :slight_smile:
If you’re buying the phone through Republic it should come with a SIM preinstalled.

There are multiple SIM types in the phones and they can only be exchanged with a ‘like’ type
See the note in Detailed Supported Phone Features after the 1st table.

Message an
Expert customer