No Customer Support? Really?

I love the idea of using wifi for calls. I live in an area where I don’t get good service, but I do have wifi. That said, if I can’t call customer support to find out if my phone is even compatible with your software how can I even think to spend money on that kind of risk? For that matter if I can’t call for information as a prospective customer how upset would I be if I spent my money here and couldn’t get help when I ran into real problems? What happens when I have an emergency on the road and need to pay my bill without internet access?

I know I’m not the first to say this. I really want to be a customer here, but I can’t.

The list of supported phones is here

https://community.republicwireless.com/docs/DOC-2912-republic-wireless-30-faqs#jive_content_id_Bring_Your_Own_Phone_FAQs

All plan details are in the same master document at this link

Republic Wireless 3.0 FAQs

Customer Service is offered through online tickets and live chat.

https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us

Most generic questions can be answered here in the community by other Republic Wireless members.

Employees will also chime in on community discussions periodically.

It is true that there is no phone support, if that is deal breaker for you then Republic might not be good fit for you.

However, the online-based support works well for the member-base and the net cost savings are reflected in the

plan pricing.

Hi @jssj.94bw7o

I thought I might add a little to @amitl 's excellent reply.

I love the idea of using wifi for calls. I live in an area where I don’t get good service, but I do have wifi.

This is what makes RW a great choice for many of us customers.

That said, if I can’t call customer support to find out if my phone is even compatible with your software how can I even think to spend money on that kind of risk?

Depending on which phone you are trying to bring to RW, the Republic Wireless app will tell you if the phone is compatible or not. On legacy 1.0/2.0 phones, RW technology is built into the ROM therefore it must be an RW branded phone. On the new 3.0 phones, RW is not in the ROM, which is why RW is able to provide BYOD on approved phones to the service.

For that matter if I can’t call for information as a prospective customer how upset would I be if I spent my money here and couldn’t get help when I ran into real problems?

Money Back Guarantee

Community Overview

Getting Help from Republic

What happens when I have an emergency on the road and need to pay my bill without internet access?

Billing is a recurring charge to the CC on file. If there is a change in the credit cards status, you can edit your billing info from your phone. RW has proved itself to be very customer friendly when it comes to the occasional billing error/overdue balance and like circumstances.

Billing & Payments

See: Pay an Overdue Balance (https://community.republicwireless.com/docs/DOC-1116-billing-payments#jive_content_id_Pay_an_Overdue_Balance )

I know I’m not the first to say this. I really want to be a customer here, but I can’t.

Very understandable. I was very hesitant about the support model here at RW when I signed up going on 5 years ago. I can honestly state that I have never had an issue with support (albeit I have had very few problems and only a couple of serious ones). In fact, I found the online support method preferable to the call-center approach once I became accustomed to it, and I feel that is true for many other customers.

My intention for posting this is not to sway you one way or the other, but rather to alleviate some of the apprehension you might have regarding the online support model.

Hope this helps gain some perspective, and best wishes.

I have been a Republic Wireless customer for three years in December. I have always had really good luck with issues arising with my Moto X 1st generation with the online community as well as support through opening tickets. The community is very knowledgeable when you do have questions and are very polite as well. I wanted to share my opinion of Republic Wireless.

RW may not be a good option for those who do not feel comfortable communicating with customer service via the internet. Info needed to get started is relatively easy to find. If you were able to start this discussion you should be able to find the info sought and likely be satisfied with the RW experience.

Like some others who responded I’ve been satisfied with RW for over three years. It can occasionally be frustrating not having somebody to talk to but to me the cost savings is well worth it.

@jssj.94bw7o

Don’t knock it till you try it! Poll the community on answering some questions that worry you? I bet they will answer them faster than support that can answer up to 24 hrs later & expected.

*** ~~ßocephous™ ***

Do NOT join republic wireless if customer service is important to you. I’ve been with them for three years now and have yet to speak to a live human being EVER. I finally found a 1-800 number and got a recording. I left a message, as instructed and never got a callback. Then I chatted online with a representative, explained how I’d done a factory reset that hasn’t resolved my issue, and was told I’d get a ticket in my email with instructions… The ticket instructed me how to do a factory reset. :roll_eyes: Now I’m wondering if I really chatted with a human or just a bot. I’ve had two cellphones with this company and both of them were pieces of crap that stopped functioning properly before they were even a year old and now I’m left hanging in the wind. I’m a single mom…I can’t afford to keep buying crappy phones. The great savings are just not worth this level of [redacted]. You truly do get what you pay for in this instance. I’m now looking into other cell phone providers at this time, I’m making sure to checking their customer service ratings. I suggest you do the same.

Moderator’s note: Profanity, even abbreviated, is against our Community Guidelines and subject to moderation.

Hi @jamyg,

Although we do not offer a call-in center for support, we have a support team staffed with nothing but live human beings who genuinely care about the work they do and the members they serve. I’m sorry to read that your experience so far has not lived up to your expectations, nor ours.

Our support team has been made aware of your situation and will be in touch with you through your support ticket. Please let me know if you do not see their response and if there is anything further I could do to help you.

My experience is a bit different. We have had two phones, Moto G1 and Moto X1, with Republic Wireless for over three years. Both phones have worked just fine for over three years. The batteries are showing their age and since Motorola isn’t going to provide security updates any more for these old phones, we just bought two Moto G5 plus models. Unfortunately, we may have to leave due to removal of the refund plans and the cost benefit of an another carrier.

My experience with support over the three plus years has been mixed. The two times, I’ve used it was before they started offering the chat feature and it was far too slow. Using the chat feature or the community forum is the way to go if you want a fast response. I have actually talked to someone in the engineering department once (they call you after sending a text message).

On the plus side for support: (1) There are a bunch on online help guides to get your over most bumps. (2) The online community forum is very active and can help you find the relevant help topic quickly. (3) They do have a chat line for faster service. (4) They do try to find a reasonable compromise for difficult issues that still allows them to keep the doors open.

On the negative side: (1) No phone support (personally, I prefer written instructions for technical issues) (2) Outside of one location, there isn’t any physical store where you can get help.

Republic’s customer service is the best. Believe me, I would rather deal with one direct, coherent, well written email then having to call a “Customer Service Rep” who 1) Does not have a command of the English language, who will 2) Take all my info, problem with phone, and then 3) Switch me to another, and another, and another “Customer Service Rep” who will take all the same info again and again and again, then 4) Switch me to a “Customer Service Manager” who will also take all my info again for the 5th time. Believe me, Republic has figured this out, their customer service does not waste your time. Again, I’d rather take the 5 mins to get an email/text than spending hours talking to a “live” rep…

I agree! RW has some of the best customer support of any company I know. I’ve never been made to feel like an outsider when asking for help. The setup is certainly different, but I think it works very well.