No signal? This happened to my last phone I had for about 2yrs.. now this new one is dying

How long do phones last? I have a Moto x 2nd edition and I have had this phone for a week while now…

As the Moto X (2nd Gen) has not been sold new for some time by Republic perhaps it’s it past life catching up with it?

• Please provide a bit more details on ‘dying’ means to you, then perhaps someone can provide some help … in the mean time here are a couple things to consider
    • Make sure that the Republic App is at the latest level
    • Clearing the Cache (it is suggested to do both the system and the applications
    • Boot up in Safe Mode for a period of time to see if your experience changes
    • If the problem is connection based, then try to define if it is Cell, WiFi or both

I’m going to take a guess that you may have purchased a Samsung S7 Edge and do not have coverage? Does the Coverage Check | Republic Wireless show coverage in your area? The S7 Edge operates on a different cellular carrier than the Moto X 2nd gen (to the best of my knowledge).

If your new phone is a Samsung S7 and you bought the phone new from Republic in the last couple of weeks, then open a support request as you may be on TMobile’s network instead of Sprint’s. Use the chat line for faster service. Republic Help

Another possible issue is that the phone isn’t completely activated. If the phone is using TMobile’s network, you may have to go to an area where TMobile’s signal strength is stronger and turn the phone off and back on to get it to activate for cellular.

4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile

Message an
Expert customer