No Text Notifications on Moto e6

Twice in the past week I have had to restart my phone to discover that I had text messages that had been sent a day or two earlier. I have always received text notifications immediately until this past week. Email notifications still work fine. Any suggestions?

Hi @bruceh.xsdelq,

I don’t have any immediate suggestions, but could you tell us a little more and maybe someone will be able to chime in with some ideas?

What messaging app are you using?
Any idea if this is happening primarily when you’re on WiFi or Cell?
Have you installed any new apps or updates lately? Especially anything like an antivirus app or battery enhancing app?

Thanks for your quick response. I have not installed any apps or updates lately, as far as I’m aware. I have been home both times this has happened, so I was presumably on my home WiFi. The first time it happened was last Saturday night, when I suddenly received about 8 texts from 4 different people, all time stamped as “just now,” although clearly, from the content, some of them had been written on Thanksgiving Day. They just showed up all at once. Then yesterday, I had been expecting a text, so being suspicious now, I restarted my phone and a text showed up that I’m sure had been sent a few hours earlier, but again was stamped “just now.” As you can probably tell, I’m a very light user of the chat feature, so it’s not unusual for me to go a day or two without receiving any texts. I’m not sure what messaging app I’m using, just whatever came with the phone and it uses my phone number. I hope this helps.

I did receive a text on Sunday that came through as expected, without restarting my phone.

Bruce

On that Saturday night when you got 8 at once, was that also following rebooting the phone?

I don’t think so but I’m not 100% sure. And since yesterday, I’ve gotten a couple of texts without rebooting. Hard to see a pattern…

Have you made sure RCS is disabled in the messaging app?

Thanks - I’ll try that. I had never looked at it before, and it was not disabled, so I just now disabled it.

1 Like