No texts work without internet connection

What phone do you have? Moto G7 power

What plan are you on? unlmt talk & text

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? no data

Issue Description

I cannot send a text without internet connection. I have found 3 similar issues on this site already. None of the solutions have worked for me. I have turned on mobile data, but I don’t have a data plan so I don’t know what that will help. Bars are strong in my area, I live in a city of 75k people and 30 minutes from a city of 100k so I don’t think it should be an issue of the towers in my area don’t support it, but what do I know, that’s why I’m here. This is happening in my apartment and work, so if I live in an area where I can’t send texts unless I get a data plan or am connected to the wifi, then I need a new phone service. Hopefully this can get resolved because I like Republic Wireless.

Hi @bobw.f7c5kc and welcome back to the Member Community. Not sure everything you may have tried so will point you to a help article for troubleshooting text articles.

Please come back if nothing there helps.

I don’t know what you have tried already, but you may want to take a look at the following:

SIM is GSM
A.C. is 54914

The majority of it I have either tried or is not applicable. The only thing left I can see is the recommended messaging app. It’s an odd problem to track because when am I not connected to wifi? I think the same app worked on my old phone quite well when I was out and about not connected to a wifi source, but it may have always been connected to a McDonald’s or Walmart hotspot or something. Who knows. I can try the messaging apps recommended there, but I’m in the odd position of connected via my laptop to wireless to ask for help, but my phone isn’t playing nice with IT’s systems so I’ll have to wait to try it when I get home. I’ll also have to check for Rep. Wireless updates then too.

"I can’t send texts unless I get a data plan "

You do know that you have unlimited free cellular text messaging without purchasing a data plan? Just don’t turn off data in Android.

I have data turned on, and I can’t text without an internet connection. That’s the reason I’m posting here.

Hi @bobw.f7c5kc,

Do you see a “4G” or “LTE” symbol next to those bars when texts are failing to send?

We may want to have you try a CDMA SIM card to see if your experience is any better. Instructions to request one are here:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer