No unlimited plans? So what?

Interesting article I noticed today: https://www.phonearena.com/news/Cellular-Wi-Fi-data-Verizon-AT-T-T-Mobile-and-Sprint-February-usage_id103453 which outlines how much data the average unlimited plan user on the big 4 carriers is using. No wonder they decided to bring the plans back.

In summary:

T-Mobile: 5.1GB (which would be only $45 on Republic, but is $70 on T-Mobile and only 480P video and 3G speed tethering)
Sprint: 3.89GB (which would be only $35 on Republic, but is $60 on Sprint and has video compression)
Verizon: 3.92GB (which would be only $35 on Republic, but is $75 on Verizon and limits video to 480P and no tethering)
AT&T: 2.87GB (which would be only $30 on Republic, but is $60 on AT&T and caps speeds at 3Mbps, video at 480P and includes no tethering).

Bottom line, the “average” unlimited consumer has bought in to the marketing of such plans, but really is spening about twice as much as they could if they just looked at their usage and alternatives.

13 Likes

True in the U.K. market where the average use is less (and I suspect others) as well. I’d bookmarked this the other day but hadn’t got around to doing anything with it:

5 Likes
Message an
Expert customer