No Visual Voicemail on Moto Phones (My Phone App doesn't show me a list of my voicemail)

What phone do you have? Moto G7 Android 10

What plan are you on? 1G Text and Data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data plus text and talk

People are leaving me voicemails but they are not showing up in my phone app. They had been showing up there until a few weeks ago. I receive notifications that there are voice mails but noting shows up in the app. I can access them by calling the voice mail account. 90% of the time I delete emails before I listen to them. So viewing them in the app is handy.

Thanks

Hi @r.jeffreys, :slight_smile:

Please let us know if this helps:

https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004822121-Visual-Voicemails-Suddenly-Missing

3 Likes

If you’re reading this, and the link above isn’t the solution, there have been a number of reports in the last 24 hours of the latest Phone App update breaking VVM. Going to the Play Store and uninstalling updates to the Phone App restores the functionality.

2 Likes

I can confirm issue and temporary solution on my G Power.

Thanks Google! Arg…

1 Like

Detailed steps I used to resolve this issue.

Resolving the problem with Republic visual voice mail when August/September 2021 update was applied.
Symptom is loss of the voice mail icon on the phone screen.
Solution is to fall back to the version of this Google app without the update.
Google states that the update adds many features, but it leaves visual voice mail broken.
(Worked on Motorola E5 play, and may work for others.)

Go to the main Play Store screen.

Tap the circle icon at the top right of the screen and select Manage apps & device from the pull down menu.

Switch from Overview to Manage by tapping Manage the top of the display.

Tap the box next to Phone by Google so a check mark appears in the box.

Tap on the phone icon on the left side of the display.

Tap the Uninstall box.

A message appears. “Do you want to uninstall all updates to this Android system app?”

Tap Uninstall.

When the uninstall completes tap the three-dot overflow menu in the top right-hand corner

Click the checkbox next to Enable auto update so the check in the box goes away.

This will prevent the update for this app from being applied the next day.

Until Google resolves the issue this will allow use of voice mail as before.

1 Like

Official documentation here: https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005618041-How-to-Uninstall-Updates-to-the-Phone-App

Woke up to this problem this morning. Followed the directions and voicemail now shows up again. Thanks

Moto G Power
1 G + basic

1 Like

What phone do you have?
Motorola G6 Play

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Data and text

Issue Description

I used to be able to listen to my voicemail messages on my phone. Now I’m getting messages (after I get a phone call which doesn’t ring) that I have a new voice mail but it doesn’t give me the option of listening to it? I have apparently a whole bunch of voice mails somewhere… from the last few weeks. How do I get to them?

Hi @susank.ed2m6n,

I’ve moved your post into a recent topic on the same matter so we can focus the conversation in a single place. Please let me know if the instructions in the Help Article linked in the reply marked as a solution helps restore the list of voicemail messages to your phone.

Hi @r.jeffreys, @ceedee, @danielm.sabttj, @sidneyh, @susank.ed2m6n,

I’ve been testing this on a couple of phones with some help from @rolandh, and I have something I’d like you to try.

First, go ahead and update the Phone app to the latest version using the Play Store app.
Then open the Phone app and tap the three-dot menu :dots:
From there, tap Settings
Tap Voicemail
and tap Visual Voicemail

I believe you’ll see the Visual Voicemail toggle switch in the enabled position. I’d like you to toggle it off. The app will ask you to confirm this action. Tap “turn off.
Then, once it’s off, toggle it back on.

With the Visual Voicemail setting toggled back on, hit the back button twice to get out of the Phone’s settings menu. Do you have a Voicemail tab, and is it now populated with voicemail messages despite that persistent message that it is still “Activating” Visual Voicemail?

Sometimes in testing this, I see an “introducing Visual Voicemail” screen. It hides my voicemail, making me think things are still broken! I have to tap the “OK, got it” words just above my voicemail notification icon before I see them.

Please let me know your results!

After following your instructions…

I have a tab. When I press the tab, I see the “can’t activate” message on the top, voicemail on the bottom. No “ok” prompt.

That’s fine! You don’t need the “OK” prompt. I was just highlighting it because the first time I saw it, I was like, “Well darn it, my voicemail is gone again!” and it took me about 15 minutes to find the “ok” button to make that thing go away so I could see my voicemail.

(Edited my above post in the hopes of making that more clear.)

You do have voicemail on your voicemail tab again, that’s what’s important!

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer