No voicemail listed on the Voicemail tab of the Phone app on Motorola and Pixel phones

I have two G Power (2020) phones running A11. App appears (I am careful here!) to work on both. I am unable to get the tab to disappear. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Oh, I had the tab. But it’s empty when i get a voicemail. When I revert to the old version, I have the list of voicemails showing.

I see a list. I’ll keep testing.

Does your voicemail icon look like the one in the top post…and it still populates the voicemail? Also…try listening to a voicemail…and see if it still stays there.

I have Android 12 with January 2022 security updates and the newest phone app 73.0.414822266, and RW app version 3 .30.4.1 and it is NOT working. I still have to open the phone app immediately upon reboot and minimize it to get V.V. to work consistently.
Still hoping for a fix, or at least that R.W. 5.x will fix it.

Yes, it does look like the icon.

• old voicemails there
  • listening does not remove them
  • new voicemail shows up.

Weird, huh?

1 Like

This is what I see with the new version -

and this is with the old version -

Mine is failing again. Had to roll back updates. Dang!

1 Like

I had a false positive few weeks ago with another version. I very much doubt it is going to work reliably… my guess is that Google is monkeying around with the way they manage voicemail…if memory serves the thing broke for me…right around the time one of Google’s updates noted that they were offering transcription of the voicemail…not sure if those two are linked somehow. We know where the audio file resides, wonder if a third party app could be made to read that file and offer it in a simple interface.

I update my Moto G -Power Phone from Android 10 to 11 - my Voice mail stopped working on my phone

Hi @michaelc.qwtxyd,
I’m sorry no one replied to your Community post about voicemail on your Moto G Power. I’ve moved your post into an existing topic on the matter. Please see the suggestions in the top post at No voicemail listed on the Voicemail tab of the Phone app on Motorola and Pixel phones and let us know if they work.

Has anyone figured out why visual voicemail stopped and how to get it going again? I’ve missed messages because I didn’t even know there was a voicemail there to call in for. I really liked when visual voicemail was working. I’ve already gone to settings and toggled on the switch for visual voicemail.

What phone do you have? I have the Moto Z4 phone.

What plan are you on? My Choice + 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? All of above.

Issue Description

Hi @laurindab - there are some known issues caused by a Google Phone app update. This is a Google issue so there is no firm resolution date. There are a few workarounds. See if this support note helps –

Come on back if you have more questions. Hope this helps!

What phone do you have? Moto G7 Power

What plan are you on? Annual 2gb

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Yes, 2 gb of data

Issue Description

I’m not sure when it started. But I can’t access my voicemail. When I call the voicemail number and enter my password, the call drops. There is also the notification that visual voicemail needs to be activated but it is on. I’m not sure what else to do.

Hi @courtenayr and welcome to the Member Community. There is a know issue caused by a Google update to the Google phone app. Here a two support notes that might help –

Come on back if you have other questions. Hope these help!

1 Like

This issue has been ongoing for months/years.

A phone update essentially hides voicemail messages requiring a call into voicemail to retrieve. Enabling VisualVoiceMail fails to activate.

Revert phone app to prior version usually fixes the issue and restores partial operation: voicemails appear on the phone again, but VisualVoiceMail continues to try to activate and continues to fail. Allowing automatic updates - generally a good thing these days - gets a user right back to lost voicemails at random times.

Is there any update on if or when this issue will be corrected?

2 Likes

I recommend Option 2 of these work around instructions:

Visual Voicemail Suddenly Missing

On my Moto G Stylus 2020 running Android 11, the only way (as indicated in the RW Help file workaround(s) for this problem) I could get voicemails to show was to uninstall updates to the Phone app, and then lock it down by unchecking “Enable auto update”. The last update is (currently) listed as Jan 6, 2022, and that does not fix it (or is what broke it), so I will leave it un-updated until that date changes and then re-test.