No WiFi no messages

What phone do you have?

What plan are you on?

Why can’t I recieve text messages when I do not have wifi? I have tried republic anywhere, android messages?

Neither my phone or my wife’s phone received texts w/o wifi. my wife’s phone is moto g5 Plus and mine is samsung

Issue Description

talk and text unlimited

my phone is samsung galaxy J3

Hi @stever.7ftgfe,

Please make sure of two things.

1. You have RCS disabled in the Messages app by Google.
    See: How to Disable the RCS Chat Features in Messages by Google – Republic Help

2. You have cellular data enabled, even though you don’t have a data plan:
    How to Confirm Basic Network Settings on Samsung Galaxy Phones – Republic Help (for you) and How to Reset Network Settings for Motorola and Google Phones on Android 7.1 – Republic Help for your wife.

If all of the above appear to be properly configured, please open a Help Ticket and explain that you cannot text when away from WiFi. Let them know RCS is disabled and you’ve been through the Basic Network Settings article. I’d like our technicians to do two things:

1. Evaluate your coverage. In your ticket include some addresses where you have experienced trouble sending text messages.
  2. Ask if your issue needs to be included in our investigation of master ticket # 2051010. Some members are unable to send text messages when they don’t have any purchased cell data. This is not how our service is meant to work, so the issue is under investigation, but we need to rule out the other possible causes listed above, first.
1 Like

Hi,

This worked for my J3. My wife’s moto is using android 7.0 not 7.1 and thus could not follow directions for resetting networks…the networks resetting does not exist under the “tap more”

Thanks…Steve

Hi @stever.7ftgfe,

I’m glad that solved it for your phone. Here are the instructions for Android 7.0:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer