Not able to place calls via wifi

I have a Moto E4 Plus.

I am on the $15 dollar a month plan (text and talk, no data except on wifi).

My plan just includes text and talk

Issue Description

I am out of the country at the moment and I have been calling home via wifi. I tried placing a call just a few moments ago and it said “Mobile Network not available for voice calls”.

I restarted my phone to see if that would help and even turned off/turned on mobile data. It still keeps saying “mobile network not available for voice calls” despite these attempts.

Republic does not offer International service, so you will receive that message when the phone is trying to place a call over cell network.

Put the phone into Airplane mode, then manually enable the wifi.
Be sure you are actually connected to the wifi and can load web pages etc.
Many wifi hotspots require you to “Log in” or accept some terms before it will allow you access.
If you are properly connected to the wifi, after these steps, and the call still fails, then the wifi you are one most likely is restricted and does not allow or blocks VOIP.

3 Likes

Hi @amandaf.746iz3 Are you still having a wifi calling issue?

Not anymore. It was the wifi connection that limited me in placing calls on wifi. Switched to another wifi connection and had no problems at all

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer