Not able to receive or make calls when off of wifi

Hi @msp1984,

Thank you for that additional context! It’s possible Republic shipped the G7 Power with a GSM SIM, which would provide the same not so good coverage experience you’re having with the OnePlus 6T.

If that turns out to be the case, unlike the OnePlus 6T, the Moto G7 Power can be switched to CDMA provisioned coverage (which would be the same Sprint network you had with Boost). If necessary, you may request a switch to CDMA provisioned coverage as documented by Republic here: How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help.

Can I request a CDMA sim now or do I have to wait? I’ve already been without a phone for a while now.

Hi @msp1984,

You’ll need to wait as it’s possible the G7 Power already shipped with CDMA provisioned coverage rather than GSM. Additionally, there is information from the phone required to pair the CDMA SIM with the phone. Again, this is applicable only if the phone should arrive with GSM provisioned coverage.

Okay. Thank you for all your help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@msp1984,

If you’ll let me know as soon as you get a tracking number for your new Moto G7 power, I’ll take a look at the order, and if it shipped with a GSM SIM card, I’ll send a CDMA SIM card right on its heels.

5 Likes

Thank you so very much.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer