Not getting billing notifications in RW app

Used to get my monthly billing notification as a notification message on the phone, and then also within the RW app. It would appear on the “Your Phone Info” tab under the bell icon. I haven’t seen this get updated in months, and the most recent one it shows is almost a year old.

Phone is a Moto Z3 Play.

@jriems, I have a similar issue. On my RW app, when I clicked on the bell icon, it shows my last notification is 311 days old. Unfortunately, I don’t believe the community is going to be able to help us as only RW staff can deal with billing issues. We are going to have to open a ticket to get help with this issue.

In regard to a related issue, I realized in February of this year that I had not received an emailed RW statement since December, 2019. I opened a ticket and RW responded that their records show that the emails have been sent on a regular basis and suggested that my ISP may be blocking them. My plans were to check with my ISP to see if that were the case, but I decided to change my email address instead. If I do not receive an emailed statement in May, I will re-open that matter in a new ticket.

1 Like

This wouldn’t be a billing issue, so much as potentially an app bug or something that changed in our invoicing process. You’ve definitely been billed, and billed the right amount all this time, correct?

I’ve been trying to find any changes we made about a year ago that might have resulted in the notification being deactivated, but I’m not finding anything.

If you do open a ticket about the missing notifications, please do not allow yourself to be talked into factory resetting the phone as a final troubleshooting step. The matter needs to be investigated as a possible bug, not as something specific to your phone.

Also, when an e-mail address is rejected by the e-mail provider, we stop sending to that address. I can ask to have the internal block removed to so we can see if your original e-mail address can once again receive our e-mails, if you’d prefer that over using a different e-mail address.

I have received email billing notifications throughout this last year, so that doesn’t seem to be a related issue, just the stopped notifications and records of them in the app.

It’s not a critical issue, but I would love to know why it’s happening and if it can be fixed.

You may want to check under

Settings → Apps and Notifications → Republic Wireless → Notifications

You should see something like this

I am guessing the billing one probably falls under Service Notifications.

Thanks for the thought. I just checked and all were already turned on. I toggled it off and on again because, well, IT Crowd.

3 Likes

I have been billed the correct amount each month. The billing information in my account portal is correct. I will use the new email address. I will not consider a factory reset to solve the issue as I consider it an annoyance rather than a major issue. I can confirm billing matters through my RW account as well as my credit card company. However, I would also prefer to get either an email or notification from RW each month.

1 Like

I can also confirm that all notifications are checked and the “show notifications” is in the on position.

3 Likes

As far as I remember I do still get the billing notification. But I don’t see the persistent one in the app…so as @southpaw noted…that one could be potential app issue. The last persistent notification that I see is a 75% data used warning…which happened two days before the most recent billing cycle.

1 Like

I opened a ticket regarding this matter and was informed that last year RW removed billing notifications from the app so accounts would not receive auto-generated overdue notices causing accounts to be suspended/canceled during the early days of the pandemic. Those notifications were turned back on late last year but it appears that some accounts inadvertently were not turned back on. I am hopeful that my account, and all others, are now back on and will again begin receiving these notifications. It may be May 21st before I know for certain.

1 Like

Hi @selfruler,

I’ve added some internal notes to your ticket for the team assisting you to review. I believe the agent who replied referenced “overdue” billing, which is not what you’re asking about. We did make some changes that paused overdue warning e-mails, but I don’t see any connection between that action and the lack of monthly invoice notifications in the app.

2 Likes

Hi @selfruler,

I’ve created a master ticket (#2094175) and attached your ticket to it so our engineers can investigate the matter.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting involved and moving this matter along. I have made notes of the numbers for the master ticket and my ticket, will continue to watch this topic, and have a note on my phone to check to see if there are any changes associated with my May 21st billing cycle.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer